On Nov. 6, 1996, PROPOSITION 215 (also known as the California Compassionate Use Act), was enacted by voters and took effect as California Health & Safety Code 11362.5. The law makes it legal for patients and their designated primary caregivers to possess and cultivate marijuana for their personal medical use, given the recommendation or approval of a California-licensed physician. Our Standard Operating Procedures: California - Cultivation cover all regulations necessary to run a compliant operation.
California allows Adult Use by persons 21 years of age or older. The daily purchase limit is as follows:
- 28.5 grams of non-concentrated cannabis.
- 8 grams of cannabis concentrate, including cannabis concentrate contained in cannabis products.
- 6 immature cannabis plants
- The limits provided shall not be combined to allow a customer to purchase cannabis goods in excess of any of the limits provided.
- A licensed retailer shall be responsible for determining that the amount of cannabis concentrates found in manufactured cannabis products sold to customers comply with the requirements.
California allows Medical Use by persons 18 years of age or older with a valid physician’s referral. The purchase limit is as follows:
- If a medicinal cannabis patient’s valid physician’s recommendation contains a different amount than the limits listed for Adult Use, the medicinal cannabis patient may purchase an amount of medicinal cannabis consistent with the patient’s needs as recommended by a physician and documented in the physician’s recommendation.
California Marijuana Taxes:
- Sales tax of 7.25% is collected on all Adult Use cannabis purchases. Medical Patients are exempt from the sales tax.
A 15-percent excise tax is imposed upon retail purchasers of all cannabis and cannabis products, including medicinal cannabis. Distributors are required to calculate and collect the amount of excise tax due on the cannabis or cannabis products they supply.
Cannabis Goods Packaging and Exit Packaging
- All cannabis goods sold by a licensed retailer shall be in compliance with the packaging requirements.
- A package containing cannabis goods shall be resealable, tamper-evident, and child-resistant
- All cannabis goods purchased by a customer shall not leave the licensed retailer’s premises unless the goods are placed in an opaque exit package.
- Immature plants and seeds sold by a licensed retailer are not required to be placed in resealable, tamper-evident, child-resistant packaging.
These Standard Operating Procedures: California - Cultivation plans are written specifically to address state rules and regulations for licensed cannabis businesses including but not limited to: Hiring Procedures, Transportation procedures, Inventory procedures, Labeling procedures, Non-laboratory quality control procedures, Security procedures, Waste Management procedures.
- Control plan for persons under the age of 21
- Business records
- Inventory tracking of all marijuana and marijuana product on the premises
- Employee qualification and training
- Health and safety standards
- Transportation and delivery of marijuana and marijuana products
- Signage and advertising
The SOP's are procedure specific to operation that describes the activities necessary to complete tasks in accordance with marijuana industry regulations, provincial and federal laws. SOP’s are policies, procedures and standards to be presented and submitted to regulatory agencies that defines the expected practices of your business where quality standards and record keeping processes exist.
This downloadable standard operating procedures (SOP) will automatically download as a WORD Document after purchase. You can edit and update the SOP's for your retail cannabis operations.
We have written customized Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for marijuana businesses for many different cannabis business types and markets.
If you need help customizing them further, please contact us. We would be happy to help!
Download full cannabis sop template immediately after purchase. Standard Operating Procedures_Cultivation_TOC
VIEW SAMPLE: Click here to download sample.