On November 9, 2016, California voters legalized cannabis for adult use by responding yes to Proposition 64, the California Marijuana Legalization Initiative. Supporters referred to the initiative as the Adult Use of Marijuana Act. Proposition 64 made it legal for individuals to use and grow marijuana for personal use. Our California Manufacturing training manual covers the following regulations:
California allows Adult Use by persons 21 years of age or older. The daily purchase limit is as follows:
- 28.5 grams of non-concentrated cannabis.
- 8 grams of cannabis concentrate, including cannabis concentrate contained in cannabis products.
- 6 immature cannabis plants
- The limits provided shall not be combined to allow a customer to purchase cannabis goods in excess of any of the limits provided in this section.
- A licensed retailer shall be responsible for determining that the amount of cannabis concentrates found in manufactured cannabis products sold to customers comply with the requirements.
California allows Medical Use by persons 18 years of age or older with a valid physician’s referral. The purchase limit is as follows:
- If a medicinal cannabis patient’s valid physician’s recommendation contains a different amount than the limits listed for Adult Use, the medicinal cannabis patient may purchase an amount of medicinal cannabis consistent with the patient’s needs as recommended by a physician and documented in the physician’s recommendation.
California Marijuana Taxes:
- Sales tax of 7.25% is collected on all Adult Use cannabis purchases. Medical Patients are exempt from the sales tax.
- A 15-percent excise tax is imposed upon retail purchasers of all cannabis and cannabis products, including medicinal cannabis. Distributors are required to calculate and collect the amount of excise tax due on the cannabis or cannabis products they supply.
Cannabis Goods Packaging and Exit Packaging
- All cannabis goods sold by a licensed retailer shall be in compliance with the packaging requirements.
- A package containing cannabis goods shall be resealable, tamper-evident, and child-resistant.
- All cannabis goods purchased by a customer shall not leave the licensed retailer’s premises unless the goods are placed in an opaque exit package.
- Immature plants and seeds sold by a licensed retailer are not required to be placed in resealable, tamper-evident, child-resistant packaging.
This California Manufacturing training manual is written specifically to address the regulations and requirements offered by CalCannabis, The Bureau of Cannabis Control and the Manufactured Cannabis Safety Branch (MCSB). Training Manuals include: Transportation procedures Including:
- Control plan for persons under the age of 21
- Customer Relationship Management
- Data Security
- Business records
- Inventory tracking of all marijuana and marijuana product on the premises
- Employee qualification, permissions and training
- Health and safety s data and label printing
- Transportation and delivery of marijuana and marijuana products
- Point of Sale
- Vendor Records and more!